Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

The Body Shop Favorites


The Body Shop was founded way back in 1976 and now has 2,605 stores world wide. Not only creating some of the most renowned beauty and skin care products on the high street, The Body Shop also has strong social activism roots and strict policies against animal testing. What's not to love !
 

 I have extremely sensitive skin at times, even supposedly gentle cleansers can aggravate my skin so when i stumbled across the Aloe range at The Body Shop I thought I should give it a go. Aloe Calming Cleanser £8.50 200ml This cleanser is perfect for people with sensitive skin like myself. The Aloe vera is very soothing and leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I massage a grape sized amount onto dry and skin and wipe off with a wet facecloth then splash my face with water to make sure I have removed al of the product. I find it removes make up rather well, although i sometimes need to use some eye make up remover to rid panda streaks from stubborn mascara.


  Aloe Gentle Exfoliator £10.00 75ml This exfoliator is sent from the gods. It solves the conundrum of sensitive skin and harsh gritty exfoliators, hallelujah. The only other comparison i can draw is the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant which absolutely amazing and one of the best skincare products i have ever used but at £41.75 for 75ml... the Aloe Gentle Exofoliator is a more realistic price.


Indian Night Jasmine Mist £7.50 100ml I love the scent of jasmine as it is reminiscent of warm, balmy evenings abroad. This fragrance mist is very delicate and perfect for day wear or evening, it is not sickeningly floral as it has a very slight musky scent and has a multi layered fragrance that you would normally usually find in expensive perfumes. My only criticism is that it comes in a glass bottle which makes it slightly less practical for carrying around with you all day.


Aloe and Soft Linen Body, Room and Linen Spritz £7.00 100ml If you are like me and love nothing more than the smell of freshly washed sheets then you will never look back after purchasing this spray. I am utterly obsessed with it, the scent is so fresh and smells exactly like crisp fresh linen.. ahhhhhh! Perfect for freshening up a spare room if you have unexpected guests ! I have paper pom-poms hanging in my bedroom and I often give them a spritz which gives a lovely scent whenever I walk past them.
I also have the Aloe and Soft Linen candle (£10.00 200g) which smells gorgeous even if it isn't lit and I am considering getting the reed diffuser in this scent to complete my collection.. It is that good.

I could go on and on but these are a few products I am currently addicted too, let me know if you want another post like this as I have many more body shop products I could recommend.. I've not even got started on their body butters and bathing items! 

Peachesandcreambb 
Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik