Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

40 winks. No more, no less.


My ASMR post was popular so I've decided to carry on with the theme of sleep with some of the ways I make sure I get my full forty winks.

I don't want to recycle the usual 'have a bath, no caffeine after seven, avoid screens etc' that's obvious and frankly anyone who is having trouble sleeping probably has adjusted their routine.Even if you don't have issues sleeping, if I use the products I'm going to tell you about I have such a refreshing sleep accompanied by the really satisfying feeling of waking up easily with ... no reaching for the snooze button. Getting to sleep is half the battle, a good nights sleep is an entirely different ballgame. 



First off, I always take a drink to bed.  Tea or water. I'm not particularly sensitive to caffeine so a cup of Lady Grey doesn't stop me drifting off however my bedtime preference is the wonder brew Snore & Peace. I am utterly obsessed. I love that I only ever drink it at bedtime, its a special ritual and it's gorgeous lavender fragrance makes me yawn just thinking about it. It is not a tea as such as it doesn't contain any tea whatsoever, instead it's a organic chamomile, lemon balm and lavender infusion. I don't find it has the 'herbal' taste some teas have, I find it has quite a floral flavour. I highly recommend it and as an additional plus point the bags are in their own little envelopes which makes it so convenient for taking it away for a few days with you!
Clipper - Snore & Peace
£2.00 
20 enveloped bags


Pillow spray may seem like a overly indulgent purchase but can be so effective. I've tried several over the years and although the familiar lavender and geranium scents were relaxing none of them had the same effect as this particular spray.  The spray is targeted at restless sleepers and is a potent infusion of Lavender essential oil  as well as patchouli, wild camomile, Ho wood  and vetivert  which are released throughout the night stimulated by movements you make during slumber. It used to be available in two sizes a travel pack of miniatures and the standard bottle, I think I'm going to purchase the big bottle as it's so effective! It's a really for the good short term to help rectify your sleeping pattern.
This Works - Sleep Plus Pillow Spray
£25.00 75ml
( pictured is one of the travel miniatures but sadly they appear to be discontinued ) 

Finally write a list. Bad nights sleep for me are usually triggered by stress and over worrying about things, writing down a to do list, ideas, meal ideas can work wonders.. especially if I'm worried about forgetting something. I keep a notebook and pen in my bedside table exactly for this reason.

Let me know if you try any of these! 

Sweet dreams 😴
Rachel X
Peachesandcreambb 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik