Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

I'm nuts about about Vita Coco 🌰🌴

        

The #VITAVALENTINE hamper consisted of two vita coco drinks and a sample pot of the very much en vogue coconut oil. 

                                 

I have been drinking coconut water for quite a few years now. I first tried it on the white sands of the Bahamas and although British weather can't compare to the Caribbean it does take me right back to paradise. 

Not only is it delicious it is packed with health benefits. Contrary to old beliefs coconut water is not fattening to actually contains ZERO fat and cholesterol. It is the coconut flesh and milk made from the flesh that has the high fat content not the actual coconut water. 

It is rich in electrolytes so is recommended as post work out hydration as a healthy alternative to sugary powerades.


       

Coconut oil is the newest hype health food on the block.

A health food you can also wear? Talk about value for money.

Coconut oil can be used instead of butter or oil or added to hot coffee for an energy kick! Coconut oil can be applied to your hair protecting it from the harmful UV rays from the sun, it is reported to block out 20% of rays.. Sunscreen for your hair who knew. As well as applying it to your hair it can be used as a lip balm and a skin moisturiser. The possibilities are endless.



*disclaimer* I did not purchase these products, vita coco sent them too me as part of the #vitavalentine giveaway on a different twitter account . They were not aware I even had a blog :) 

1 comment:

  1. I received the coconut oil in my recent Birchbox and I cannot wait to try it! :) x

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik